If you have a laptop, car, or mobile phone, you should be well aware of how irritating the scratches are. No one wants them to be present on their devices like laptops and mobile.
So, you should always use protective equipment such as a sticking sheet for your laptop or a cover for your phone.
However, it is nearly impossible to keep your laptop away from scratches. No matter how much you care for it or use protective things, the scratches still tend to appear on it.
So, here is the question. Is there any way to deal with the scratches? Or how do you remove scratches from a metal laptop?
The good news is that, where it is difficult to prevent scratches, on the other hand, there are some ways to remove them. We have brought the solutions for you.
Here, in this article, you are going to learn how to remove scratches from aluminum laptop.
1. Remove Scratches with Scratch Remover
The first and the quickest way to remove scratches from aluminum laptops is to use a scratch remover. It comes in the form of polish. You can easily find it in the market, online or onsite as well. Below, are the complete steps to use scratch remover.
- Firstly, clean the surface thoroughly with a micro-fiber cloth from where you want to remove the scratches.
- Then, put some Scratch Remover on the surface.
- After putting the polish, now gently rub the surface using the micro-fiber cloth. Rubbing the surface in a circular motion is the best way.
- Also, apply some gentle pressure on the surface while rubbing.
Sometimes you may also need to repeat the same procedure for better results. Keep repeating until you get satisfied.
Please note that the scratch remover only works best with uncolored scratches, not with the black scuff marks. However, it will make the appearance much better.
2. Remove Scratches using Polish
If you fail to find the Scratch Remover, then don’t worry. There is always an alternative. Although it may not work as efficiently as the scratch remover, it will surely do the task for you. You can use Plastic Polish as an alternative to the scratch remover.
Follow the given steps to know how to remove scratches from aluminum laptop using plastic polish.
- First of all, clean your laptop’s surface with a solution of dishwashing soap and water. Then, dry it completely with a linen cloth.
- Now, put some plastic polish on a microfibre cloth and steadily apply it to the surface.
- Ensure that you are covering the entire surface and rubbing it in all directions.
- After that, clean the laptop’s surface with a dry cloth.
We have reviewed these 8 Best Laptops for Contractors
3. Try Some Toothpaste
You will be astonished to know that toothpaste may be very helpful in removing scratches from metal laptops. In fact, you can remove the minimal scratches with the help of toothpaste.
Below, are the steps of using toothpaste to remove scratches.
- Take a cotton ball or soft cloth, and put some toothpaste on it.
- Now, tenderly rub the toothpaste in circular directions on the scratch surface. Keep rubbing until the scratch is gone.
- After the scratch goes away, gently clean your laptop’s body with a slightly wet cloth. This will ensure that all the remains of toothpaste are cleaned.
Important Note: to remove scratches, you should always use Fluoride-free and original toothpaste, not gel-based ones.
Read Also: How To Wake Up Dell Laptop From Sleep Mode?
4. Magically Remove Scratches using Magic Eraser
You must be aware of using the Magic Eraser on walls, cars, bathrooms, kitchens, etc. However, you can also use it to remove scratches from laptops.
Magic Eraser acts like wet sandpaper. So, it is very important to be gentle while using it. Consider using circular motions and applying soft pressure on the surface.
Carefully follow these steps to use Magic Eraser.
- Clean the surface of your laptop thoroughly.
- Now, make the Magic Eraser a little wet.
- After that, rub this wet Magic Eraser on the scratches, very gently.
After some time, you will notice that the scratches are gone or faded.
5. Baking Soda
Baking Soda can also act as a scratch remover. For this method, you will have to prepare the solution of baking soda and water. So, be very careful while using water so as not to damage your laptop with it.
Below, are the complete instructions on how to remove scratches from an aluminum laptop with the help of Baking Soda.
Preparing the Solution:
- Take ⅔ Baking Soda and ⅓ Water.
- Mix both the ingredients in a bowl till it becomes a thick solution.
Applying the Solution:
- Clean your laptop’s surface with a damp cloth.
- Now, take some amount of the mixture that you prepared on the cloth.
- Gently rub it on the scratches area.
- Try using circular motions.
- Keep rubbing until the scratches vanish.
- Once you feel that the scratches have been removed, stop the process. Now, wipe the laptop’s body with a slightly wet cloth to ensure none of the parts of the mixture remains on your laptop.
We have reviewed: 7 Best Laptops For Making Beats & Music Production
We hope that, after reading this guide, you have learned how to remove scratches from aluminum laptop.
Here are some key points to remember that we have already mentioned in the article.
Scratch Remover works most efficiently with uncolored scratches only. Not with the scuff marks.
Always use the fluoride-free and original toothpaste, if and only if you are using toothpaste to remove scratches from your laptop. Moreover, never use gel-based toothpaste.
If you are using Magic Eraser, always keep in mind that you have to be very gentle with it. Unless you will end up damaging your laptop.
While following the baking soda method, be very careful with it. Because it contains water and water might damage your laptop very badly.
Although there are a lot of different ways to remove scratches from laptops, we have mentioned the most feasible and simplest solutions.
Yet, we recommend you to try the home-based solutions first and then go for the market products.