If you are looking for how to factory reset Samsung laptop like many other people, this guide is for you. Because we have included all the ways, simplest to complex, in this guide. Whether you are using Windows 10 or Windows 8, you will find the solution to your problem here.
When the laptop starts lagging, it becomes necessary to factory reset your laptop. However, it may seem difficult to factory reset a Samsung laptop but in fact, it isn’t.
Before proceeding to reset your laptop, bear in mind that it will erase all the data in your primary drive. So, always remember to keep your important data saved somewhere else before resetting.
Before heading towards the complex methods, we will discuss the easiest and the simplest methods.
How to factory reset Samsung laptop in the simplest ways
Below you will find two methods to factory reset the Samsung laptop. These are the easiest and are considered to be the best of all.
Method 1: Via Samsung Recovery Solution Program
Consider these steps to use this program:
- Press and hold the Esc key and start your laptop. Hold the key until you see a restore system on your screen.
- Find the Samsung Recovery Solution program and run it.
- Press the f11 key to restore all the factory settings of the Samsung laptop.
We have reviewed: Best Laptops for Construction Management Professionals
Method 2: Via Samsung Hotkey
For the ease of its customers, Samsung allows users to reset their laptops using only one key. To factory reset the Samsung laptop using the hotkey, start your laptop and press the f4 or f7 key at the same time. This process will start the system restore program automatically.
Although it is one of the easiest ways to reset the Samsung laptop, however, it will erase all the data. If you want to keep your data safe, you will have to keep it in another drive before running this process.
Reset the Samsung laptop using a CD
Apart from the previous ways, you can also reset the Samsung laptop using a Windows CD or DVD just like any other laptop. Below, you will find some easy steps. Follow them to reset your laptop using a Windows disk.
- Take a Windows CD/DVD.
- Insert the disk in the CD/DVD ROM and shut down the laptop.
- Turn the laptop on and press the F8 key repeatedly. Keep pressing the key until you see the bootup menu. The key for the boot menu may differ from brand to brand, but for the Samsung laptop, it’s an F8.
- Find the ‘Boot from CD’ option and click on it.
- On the boot menu screen, you will see different options. Select ‘Press enter to set up windows
- After that, a new screen will appear having different options for installing windows. Remove all the partitions and format the hard drive. Select and remove the old barriers.
- Now, create new partitions by selecting ‘Un-partitioned space’ using arrow keys. After selecting the partition press ‘C’ to create the new partition.
- Select any one of the partitions as Primary Partition.
- It may take some minutes and when it finishes, follow the on-screen directions to complete the process.
Also Read: Best Laptops For Cyber Security Students
How to factory reset Samsung laptop in Windows 8/8.1
Follow the given steps to reset your Samsung laptop if you are using Windows 8/8.1.
- First, go to the settings from the start menu.
- In the left sidebar, you will see ‘Change PC Settings’ click on it.
- Find the ‘Update and Recovery’ option and click on it.
- There, you will see different options. Click on the ‘Recovery’
- In the ‘Recovery’ option, you will see 3 other options, ‘Refresh your PC’, ‘Remove Everything’, and ‘Advanced Startup’
- Under ‘Remove Everything and Reinstall Windows’, click on ‘Get Started’.
- Click on ‘Next’
- After clicking on ‘Next’, you will see two options that will say ‘Remove files and Clean the drive’ and ‘Just Remove my Files’. Click on ‘Remove files and Clean the drive’ if you want to clean the entire data or click on ‘Just Remove my Files’ to erase only the data of the primary drive.
- Lastly, click on ‘Reset’ and the process will start.
How to factory reset a Samsung laptop in Windows 10 or 11
- First of all, open the Settings from the Start menu.
- Then, go to the Update and Security option.
- After that, click on ‘Recovery’ from the sidebar.
- In the ‘Recovery’ section you will see ‘Reset this PC’, click on ‘Get Started’.
- Now you will see two options, ‘Keep my Files’ and ‘Remove Everything’. Subsequently, click on ‘Remove Everything’.
- Once you click on ‘Remove Everything’ another screen will appear with two options, Just remove my files and Remove files and clean the drive.
- If you want to remove all the data, click on ‘Remove files and clean the drive’. however, if you don’t want to erase all the data, then click on Just remove my files.
- Click on ‘Next’.
- Finally, a confirmation screen will appear asking if you want to reset your Samsung laptop. just click on the ‘Reset‘ button.
It may take some time, but it will completely reset your laptop.
Read Also: 7 Best Laptops For Crafting in 2024
Resetting your laptop after some time is a healthy habit for your laptop as well as your mental health. Because after resetting, the laptop works faster than before. But what if you don’t know how to do it?
Therefore, we have brought this special guide for Samsung users. this guide covers all the necessary information on how to factory reset Samsung laptop. Five methods of resetting a Samsung laptop are described here. Follow any one of them according to your choice.