Many people may think at some point in their life that they cannot experience the magnificent pleasure of listening to music using their AirPods if they don’t have an iPhone or a MacBook.
However, this isn’t true. In fact, you can connect your AirPods to any device that supports a Bluetooth version that matches your AirPods. You can connect them to your HP Laptops, Lenovo Laptops, Dell Laptops, and even your Android phone as well.
If you have a Dell laptop and do not know how to connect AirPods to Dell laptop, then you’re in the right place!
In this article, we will walk you through an easy guide to connecting AirPods to your Dell laptop.
However, before that let’s gain some basic knowledge about connecting AirPods to a Dell laptop. So, the process becomes smooth and easy to understand for you.
Apple is one of the leading manufacturers of smartphones and laptops. However, considering the increasing demand for music accessories, Apple decided to introduce AirPods and AirPods Pro.
AirPods are wireless, Bluetooth supported, and Battery powered earbuds. They are one of the most successful inventions of Apple.
First, the AirPods were released. But after checking upon their limitations and new demands of the customers, Apple released the AirPods Pro. AirPods have more advanced features and a more powerful battery than their predecessors.
Which Type of Connection Do I Need To Connect AirPods?
You don’t need to have any special type of connection for connecting your AirPods to your Dell laptop. You only need to ensure that both your Dell laptop and your AirPods must have a Bluetooth connection.
Obviously, your AirPods come with a built-in Bluetooth connection. So you have to make sure that your laptop does have a Bluetooth connection.
You can easily check whether your Dell laptop has a Bluetooth connection or not.
How to check whether your Dell Laptop has a Bluetooth Connection?
Here are easy tips to check if your Dell laptop supports Bluetooth or not.
- First of all, open the action center by pressing Windows Key+A.
- Now, in the action center, you will see Expand in the bottom right corner. Click it.
- Once you click Expand, it will show you a lot of different options.
- Now, in those options, if you see a Bluetooth icon, then it means your dell laptop supports Bluetooth connection.
If your laptop supports Bluetooth then you are lucky. However, if it is not supported, then it does not mean you cannot connect your AirPods to your Dell laptop.
Check out below, the way through which you can easily connect your AirPods to your Dell laptop even if it does not support Bluetooth.
Read Also: How to wake up Dell Laptop from sleep mode?
What to do if your Dell Laptop does not have Bluetooth?
It doesn’t mean that you cannot use your AirPods with your laptop if it does not support Bluetooth. There is always an alternative way. You can use an external Bluetooth dongle device for this purpose.
It may seem like an external Bluetooth dongle device must be something huge and it may worsen your beautiful dell laptop’s design. However, it’s not.
In fact, it is a very small-sized device that connects to one of the USB ports of your Dell laptop. Just like the Bluetooth of a wireless mouse.
Well, for using it you will have to sacrifice one of the USB ports of your Dell laptop. However, it will fulfill your need to pair AirPods with your Dell laptop.
How To Connect AirPods To Dell Laptop?
As we have mentioned in the beginning, connecting AirPods with any device requires a Bluetooth connection. So, the first prerequisite for connecting AirPods to your Dell laptop is to ensure that both, the laptop as well as the AirPods must have Bluetooth.
Well, all the recent laptops thankfully have Bluetooth installed in them. So, the majority of Dell laptops are completely compatible with AirPods.
Now make sure that your AirPods are fully charged and have a look at the given steps. You can easily understand how to connect AirPods to Dell Laptop.
Open The Settings Menu
- The very first thing that you will be doing is accessing the Settings window. For that, you need to open the Start Menu.
- You can simply open the Start Menu by pressing the Windows Key on your keyboard or by clicking the Start Menu from the bottom left corner of your windows.
- The next thing is finding the Settings in the Start Menu. Now if you are using Windows 10, then you will instantly find a gear icon right above the Power Options in the Start Menu. Simply click that gear icon to open the Settings Window.
- However, if you are using a version of Windows other than Windows 10, you can also type Settings to search it.
We have reviewed: 7 Best Laptops for Investment Bankers
Accessing The Devices Menu
- Once you are in the Settings Menu, try looking for an option labeled Devices. As soon as you have found the Devices option click it to open it.
- In the Devices window, you will find different options to access all the devices connected to your laptop.
- Now look for a device option labeled as Bluetooth. Click on that icon and it will open the Bluetooth Management menu. Turn on the Toggle Button and you will see that it will start searching for the available Bluetooth devices.
Link Both The Devices
- After turning the Bluetooth toggle button, you will notice that your laptop has started searching for the available devices. Now at this point, make sure that your AirPods are turned on.
- After a while of searching, your laptop will find the AirPods and you will see the name of your AirPods being displayed on the Bluetooth Management window.
- Once you see your AirPods’ name on the screen, just click on it and Pair them with your laptop. After 5-10 seconds, it will pair successfully.
- You can also take out the AirPods from their case, and plug them in your ears before pairing to hear a pleasant sound that will confirm that your laptop has been paired with the AirPods.
Using the AirPods
Congrats! You have successfully connected your AirPods to your Dell Laptop and now it’s the time to rock on!
Just play any soundtrack of your choice and enjoy the sensation of hearing every instrument that is playing in the soundtrack.
Read Also: How to enable function keys on Dell Laptop?
How Do I Reconnect My AirPods To Dell Laptop?
A lot of people often ask how do I reconnect my AirPods to my Dell Laptop?
So, here is the answer. In fact, reconnecting the AirPods to your laptop is much easier. Because you have already paired them with your laptop.
So, to reconnect your AirPods to your laptop, you only need to turn the laptop and AirPods on and make sure that both are having Bluetooth turned on. Since they are already paired, they will automatically connect, provided that any other paired device is not kept near the laptop.
However, if they failed to reconnect as mentioned above, try using this method to manually reconnect the AirPods.
- Go to the Windows Settings. Either via the Start Menu or by pressing Windows key + I.
- Now, go to the Devices.
- Turn the Bluetooth on if it is off currently.
- Open the case of your AirPods.
- Now, on the screen of your laptop, select your AirPods in the Paired Devices section.
How To Disconnect AirPods From My Dell Laptop?
If you want to disconnect your AirPods from your Dell Laptop, then you will need to remove your AirPods from the Paired Devices list.
Below are the steps that will walk you through the process of disconnecting AirPods from your laptop.
- First, open the Windows Action Centre by pressing Windows Key + A.
- Then, you will need to click on Expand to see more options.
- Now, right-click on the Bluetooth icon.
- Then, Go To Settings.
- Find your AirPods in the Paired Devices list and select them.
- Now, click on Remove Device.
Also Reviewed: Best gaming laptop for Rocket League
Common Reasons Behind The Refusal Of AirPods To Connect
Although it can be because of many reasons. But three out of all are the most common causes.
- Bluetooth not enabled.
- Bluetooth Driver Corrupted.
- Bluetooth Driver Outdated.
And here is how to solve these issues.
1. Bluetooth not enabled.
Sometimes it happens that AirPods do not connect to the laptop automatically. One of the main reasons behind this is that on one or both devices, you have the Bluetooth turned off.
If you find that your laptop failed to detect your AirPods, try checking the Bluetooth status of your AirPods.
Check out how to turn on Bluetooth on AirPods and Dell laptops.
Turn on the Bluetooth on AirPods:
- Open up the casing of your AirPods.
- Find, Press, and Hold a tiny button located right behind your AirPods and leave when you see a white light starts to blink.
That’s it! Your AirPods are ready to pair.
Turn on the Bluetooth on Dell Laptop:
- Open Settings.
- Go to the Devices Section.
- Turn on the Bluetooth.
Read Also: How to connect two monitors with a Laptop?
2. Bluetooth Driver Corrupted.
Drivers may sometimes get corrupted. It can happen due to many reasons. For example, Windows Update or the entrance of some malicious elements.
If you know that any of the above-mentioned scenarios happened recently, then try this method to solve the issue.
- Right-click on This PC or Computer.
- Go to the Device Manager.
- Now, inside the Device Manager, double-click on Bluetooth. A drop-down menu will open.
- Then, right-click on the first driver, and uninstall it.
- After the uninstallation of the driver, Restart your laptop.
- After the reboot, your driver will get installed.
3. Bluetooth Driver Outdated.
Sometimes we do not pay attention to the update of our laptop’s drivers. And this can be a reason behind your AirPods not working. If this is your case, then you can easily resolve it by updating the driver.
And here is how to do it.
- Open the Start Menu.
- Type Device Manager in the search bar. Click on the Device Manager.
- Double-click on Bluetooth.
- Now, right-click on your AirPods driver and update it.
- Follow the onscreen instructions until you end up updating the Driver.
- Reboot your Laptop.
After the reboot, you will be able to connect your AirPods to your Dell Laptop.
In this blog post, we have described the complete procedure of pairing AirPods to your Dell Laptop. Hopefully, after reading the whole guide now you have learned how to connect AirPods to Dell Laptop.